Learn iOS app development and work with the latest Apple development tools
- Explore the latest features of Xcode 12 and the Swift 5.3 programming language in this updated fifth edition
- Kick-start your iOS programming career and have fun building your own iOS apps
- Discover the new features of iOS 14 such as Mac Catalyst, SwiftUI, widgets and App Clips
If you’re looking to work and experiment with powerful iOS 14 features such as widgets and App Clips to create your own apps, this iOS programming guide is for you. The book offers a comprehensive introduction for experienced programmers who are new to iOS, taking you through the entire process of learning the Swift language, writing your own apps, and publishing them on the App Store.
Fully updated to cover the new iOS 14 features, along with Xcode 12 and Swift 5.3, this fifth edition of iOS 14 Programming for Beginners starts with an introduction to the Swift programming language and shows you how to accomplish common programming tasks with it. You’ll then start building the user interface (UI) of a complete real-world app using the storyboards feature in the latest version of Xcode and implement the code for views, view controllers, data managers, and other aspects of mobile apps. The book will also help you apply iOS 14 features to existing apps and introduce you to SwiftUI, a new way to build apps for all Apple devices. Finally, you’ll set up testers for your app and understand what you need to do to publish your app on the App Store.
By the end of this book, you’ll not only be well versed in writing and publishing applications, but you’ll also be able to apply your iOS development skills to enhance existing apps.
What you will learn
- Get to grips with the fundamentals of Xcode 12 and Swift 5.3, the building blocks of iOS development
- Understand how to prototype an app using storyboards
- Discover the Model-View-Controller design pattern and how to implement the desired functionality within an app
- Implement the latest iOS features, such as widgets and App Clips
- Convert an existing iPad app into an Apple Silicon Mac app
- Design, deploy, and test your iOS applications with design patterns and best practices
Who this book is for
This book is for anyone who has programming experience but is new to Swift and iOS app development. Experienced programmers looking to explore the latest iOS 14 features will also find this book useful.
Table of Contents
- Getting Familiar with Xcode
- Simple Values and Types
- Conditionals and Optionals
- Range Operators and Loops
- Collection Types
- Functions and Closures
- Classes, Structures, and Enumerations
- Protocols, Extensions, and Error Handling
- Setting Up the User Interface
- Building Your User Interface
- Finishing Up Your User Interface
- Modifying and Configuring Cells
- Getting Started with MVC and Collection Views
- Getting Data into Collection Views
- Getting Started with Table Views
- Getting Started with MapKit
- Getting Started with JSON Files
- Displaying Data in a Static Table View
- Getting Started with Custom UIControls
- Getting Started with Cameras and Photo Libraries
- Understanding Core Data
- Getting Started with Apple Silicon Macs
- Getting Started with SwiftUI
- Getting Started with Widgets
- Getting Started with App Clips
- Testing and Submitting Your App to the App Store
From the Publisher
Getting Familiar with Xcode
Swift Language Basics
Interface Builder and Storyboards
Reading JSON files
iOS 14 Programming for Beginners
Get started with building iOS apps with Swift 5.3 and Xcode 12
Over the years, the iOS development environment has significantly matured. Consumer spending on Apple’s app store has also increased substantially – meaning there are plenty of opportunities for you to explore mobile development as a career, and even become a professional iOS developer!
The fifth edition of iOS Programming for Beginners is divided into 4 parts, each designed to help you accomplish a specific set of goals:
Swift Language – learn how to use Swift 5.3, the latest version of the Swift language, to accomplish common programming tasks
User Interface Design – create the user interface of an iOS application from scratch using storyboards and Xcode’s Interface Builder
Code – discover important iOS app development concepts, and learn strategies and techniques to use in your own apps
New iOS Features – explore the exciting new technologies introduced by Apple at WWDC 2020, including SwiftUI, Widgets, and App Clips, before beta testing and submitting your app
Forget sifting through tutorials and blog posts; this book is a direct route to iOS development, taking you through the basics and showing you how to put principles into practice. Take advantage of this developer-friendly guide and start building applications that may just take the App Store by storm!
You’ll start by learning how to build a professional mobile application – Let’s Eat, which is a restaurant reservation app that allows users to explore a list of restaurants categorized by cuisine, or view a map showing all restaurants in a particular area.
Build your own food and restaurant app
Learn how to use Swift for common programming tasks
Get started with learning basic Swift concepts and understand how Swift differs from other programming languages you may already know
Build an app from start to finish
Build your app’s user interface using Apple’s Interface Builder, then add code to give your app functionality – each chapter focuses on a different iOS development concept
Implement the very latest iOS 14 features in your app
Learn how to implement the hottest iOS 14 features into your app, such as making your app work on Apple Silicon Macs, writing apps in SwiftUI, Widgets and App Clips
Take your first step into iOS app development with this beginner’s guide fully updated for iOS 14, Swift 5.3, and Xcode 12. Build a complete iOS application, starting from creating the UI to testing it & submitting it on the App Store.
Discover recipes for building feature-rich, reliable iOS native apps and explore the latest features in Swift 5.3 with the help of proven industry-standard recipes, modern design techniques, and popular strategies
Learn SwiftUI by designing and building complex user interfaces for watchOS, iPadOS, and iOS with the help of projects including a financial app, a sports news app, and a POS system
Explore advanced techniques to become a professional iOS developer with the most in-depth and advanced guide to Swift 5.3, Xcode 12.4, ARKit 4, Core ML, and iOS 14’s new features
Publisher:Packt Publishing; 5th ed. edition (November 27, 2020)
Download iOS 14 Programming for Beginners: Get started with building iOS apps with Swift 5.3 and Xcode 12 Pdf Free:
You can easily download iOS 14 Programming for Beginners: Get started with building iOS apps with Swift 5.3 and Xcode 12 PDF by clicking the link given below. If the PDF link is not responding, kindly inform us through comment section. We will fixed it soon.
“ NOTE: We do not own copyrights to these books. We’re sharing this material with our audience ONLY for educational purpose. We highly encourage our visitors to purchase original books from the respected publishers. If someone with copyrights wants us to remove this content, If you feel that we have violated your copyrights, then please contact us immediately. please contact us. or Email: [email protected]“