[PDF] Abrams’ Clinical Drug Therapy: Rationales for Nursing Practice Free Download
Written by expert pharmacology educators and clinicians, Abrams’ Clinical Drug Therapy has a long tradition of guiding students and instructors through the practice of safe and effective medication administration. Highly praised for its organized and readable presentation, the text explains the “why” behind each nursing action, and emphasizes individualized nursing care and drug therapy. Filled with vibrant illustrations, including new concept maps, the text provides a solid foundation for understanding clinical drug therapy, evidence-based standards for administration, and how to prevent or minimize adverse effects. Complemented with exciting free online resources, the textbook employs innovative features that guide students through the course, while also preparing for success on the NCLEX® Examination and in nursing practice.
Also included is a free copy of Lippincott’s Photo Atlas of Medication Administration , which uses the nursing process format to provide step-by-step nursing skills (with rationales). In addition to being completely illustrated, the Photo Atlas also contains documentation guidelines and samples, and Unexpected Situations, which explain how to respond to unanticipated outcomes. Topics include removing medication from an ampule, removing medication from a vial, mixing medications from two vials in one syringe, administering an intradermal injection, and more.
- NEW! Re-visualized Nursing Process includes a concept map to illustrate these guidelines in place of lengthy text
- NEW! Chapter on the Autonomic Nervous System (ANS)
- NEW! More streamlined QSEN Safely Alerts also include knowledge, skills, and attitudes
- NEW! SBAR added to the Clinical Application Feature.
- NEW! Concept Mastery Alerts alert students to commonly misunderstood concepts as derived from our PrepU data
- Learning Objectives summarize what the student should learn while reading the chapter
- A Clinical Application Case Study opens each chapter with a patient-focused clinical scenario
- Black Box Warnings highlight serious life-threatening adverse effects identified by the FDA.
- Evidence-Based Practice boxes provide information about current research and its integration into nursing practice
- NCLEX Success sections interspersed throughout chapters help students prepare for the exam
- Drugs at a Glance Tables summarize the routes and dosage ranges (for adults and children), as well as the pregnancy category, for each drug in the class
- Drug Interactions and Herb and Dietary Interactions boxes highlight the risk of interactions as well as increased or decreased drug effects when drugs are combined with other medications, food, or herbal supplements
- Patient Teaching Guidelines list specific information for the education of the patient and family
- Key terms with definitions help the reader understand chapter content
Publisher:LWW; 11th edition (November 8, 2017)
Item Weight:5.65 pounds
Dimensions:8.5 x 1.5 x 11 inches
Download Abrams’ Clinical Drug Therapy: Rationales for Nursing Practice Pdf Free:
You can easily download Abrams’ Clinical Drug Therapy: Rationales for Nursing Practice PDF by clicking the link given below. If the PDF link is not responding, kindly inform us through comment section. We will fixed it soon.
“ NOTE: We do not own copyrights to these books. We’re sharing this material with our audience ONLY for educational purpose. We highly encourage our visitors to purchase original books from the respected publishers. If someone with copyrights wants us to remove this content, If you feel that we have violated your copyrights, then please contact us immediately. please contact us. or Email: [email protected]“